Tower has overcome Hollywood.
Within just four days since its premiere, Tower has gathered a million moviegoers, taking over the top spot at the Korean box office and proving that Korean films are still going strong.
According to the Korean Film Council′s Compiled Ticket Computer Network, a total of 182,231 moviegoers across the country saw Tower on December 28, placing the film at the top of the box office with 1,003,745 tickets sold.
The film debuted at first place on December 25, gathering about 400,000 people, and has since been battling it out with Hollywood films like Les Miserables and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
The recent record sets Tower ahead of Les Miserables.
Tower is about how people try to survive a large fire that breaks out in a 108-story tall tower and stars Sul Kyung Gu, Son Ye Jin and more.
Photo credit: The Tower Pictures
Reporter : Jeon Su Mi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
[Hot News You Should Know]
- Eru Releases Digital Single Featuring 4Minute’s Hyuna, ‘Don’t Hurt’
- [Video] Baek Ji Young Collaborates with Yiruma for New Single
- Han Ga In Shines Brightest in ′The Sun and the Moon′ Special in Japan
- Shinhwa Sells 30,000 Copies of Concert DVD on Release Date
- Jang Keun Suk to Perform on Hunan TV’s Year-End Special Concert