After years of waiting to see G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P., Daesung and Seungri perform in the flesh, Filipino fans called VIPs finally saw their idols in a concert they will cherish for a long time.
The show was a fantastic mix of music, visuals, dance, fan service, and shared energy that it is a challenge to remember everything. The K-Pop kings performed close to 30 songs from their deep discography. The performancs were made more awesome by the huge, galaxy-themed stage and backdrops and of course, the fantastic (and I mean, FANTASTIC) fashion. Big Bang truly knows how to make their VIPs scream with delight.
So, for all VIPs out there who want to keep the memory of that evening alive, here are my Top 10 favorite moments from the concert:
10. The exhilarating VIP feeling. I love a lot of K-Pop artists but I am, without doubt, a VIP. The exhilarating feeling of excitement and anticipation for the Big Bang Alive Galaxy Tour started since they confirmed a tour stop in the Philippines. On the day of the concert, the person next to me (who got Taeyang's jacket, by the way) apologized in advance for whatever "crazy fangirl" behavior she was certain would happen. Well, I know how it feels since I also lost it when the curtain finally fell.
9. The fashion, I tell you! Big Bang's reputation for their hip-hop and concert fashion is well-deserved. I especially loved the "revolutionary" garb G-Dragon, T.O.P. and Seungri wore at the onset. The jacket design and bold colors reminded me of the fashion in "Fantastic Baby." Taeyang and Daesung's printed pants and cool shoes looked comfortable and stylish. I also loved G-Dragon's white get-up for the "Heaven" encore performance and of course, who can miss T.O.P.'s cool oversized black hat?
8. Seungri's 'I love this country' declarations. He told Filipino VIPs: "It's so incredible! I love this country. Manila is so hot. I'm freaking excited!" This moment was truly special for fans who have waited years to see Big Bang perform in person. Daesung also called their visit truly special. Every member freely tossed around the words, "Mahal ko kayo!", "Salamat!" and "Paalam!" They probably learned the Filipino words from 2NE1's Sandara Park who came to the Philippines to support her YG labelmates.
7. 'Fantastic Baby' dance lessons. While GD and T.O.P. prepared for their segment, Seungri, Taeyang and Daesung taught the crowd the "Fantastic Baby" hand wave dance. The tutorial proved especially useful during the encore performance of the song.
6. Daesung's infectious smile. VIPs know how difficult the past few years have been for Daesung. Witnessing his confident and authentic smile on stage warms my heart. Daesung has one of the best smiles in all of K-Pop and his fans know how far he's come in his road to recovery.
Stay connected for my Top 5 favorite BigBang concert moments in my next oK Pop post.
In the meantime, what are you waiting for? Create your own Top 10 Moments and fulfill G-Dragon's wish for you to keep the memories of Big Bang Galaxy Alive Tour alive!
For more oK Pop posts on Big Bang, check out these links!
Big Bang arrives in Manila
K-Pop Royalty Big Bang speaks to fans with 'Fantastic Baby'
Catherine Deen lives, eats and breathes Korean music, cuisine, telenovelas and pop culture. Follow her on Twitter @cathsdeen.