Alice Dixson Doesn’t Want To Bid Series Adieu

MANILA, Philippines - Alice Dixson is more than surprised with the reports saying that "Never Say Goodbye" will be ending its run earlier than expected.

The taping for the TV5 primetime series, now past its second week of airing, was halted when its lead star Nora Aunor was hospitalized last month. The superstar is currently in the US for her long overdue vocal cord operation, fuelling further cancellation speculations.

ALSO READ: TV5 show adjusts as Nora deals with health problems

"Huwag naman sana," Alice told Bulletin Entertainment in an exclusive interview during MEGA magazine's MEGA Gone Digital event and 21st anniversary at the Resorts World Manila Thursday night.

"We know for a fact that she (Nora) is not taping now. And yes, we're doing changes (to) our script," added the actress, who also insisted, "We haven't been given any advice na maka-cut 'yung 13 weeks run namin. We are all working hard to see that this doesn't happen. Pinapaganda namin lalo 'yung script."

Despite the sudden shake-up to the production schedule to adjust to Nora's absence, Alice remains positive about the series' outcome.

"We were surprised, I must admit. Nung in-announce ng production sa amin (na maysakit si Nora) - I knew that she was hospitalized a few days earlier, pero hindi ko alam the extent nung sakit niya - we rallied. Our production rallied and we said to each other, 'We're all gonna work really hard and work through this.' And that's what we've been doing for the past couple of weeks," she related.

The "Talentadong Pinoy Worldwide" scout is also happy to be working with newbies Vin Abrenica and Sophie Albert in "Never Say Goodbye."

ALSO READ: Nora Back To Work After Hospitalization

"I know that this is their first project, first starring roles. They're doing well despite baguhan pa lang sila. They don't have this life experience pa pero I think they are very professional and they have the passion kaya masarap silang katrabaho. Masaya silang katrabaho dahil nga seryoso sila sa ginagawa nila," she said of the "Artista Academy" winners.

Meanwhile, Alice chose not to comment on her ongoing divorce case with husband of 13 years, Ronnie Miranda. It was reported earlier that the actress and Canada-based Miranda had filed the petition in Vancouver in December.

ALSO READ: Alice Dixson moving on after failed marriage

"Never Say Goodbye" Behind the scenes: Alice Dixson and Cesar Montano
1 / 10
Yahoo Southeast Asia Newsroom | Photo By TV5
Thu, Jan 24, 2013 12:00 PM PHT
Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.