It might be something of a hairstyle classic but the bun has been the undisputed beauty ‘do of 2012.
From super sleek at Erdem to ballerina buns at Bottega Veneta – the trend has ruled the runway.
And the most wearable version is most definitely the tousled side bun.
So, how best do we go about creating a fashion-worthy side bun?
“When creating an up-do, particularly a tousled one, it’s vital to make sure hair is nice and grippy,” says celebrity hair stylist Jamie Stevens.
“This means either making sure your hair isn’t freshly washed or adding some texture with a dry shampoo or texturising powder.”
Fancy giving it a bash? Follow these tips.
1. For a gorgeous messy side bun, start off by spritzing some texturiser on your hair to create a lived-in style.
2. Next, run a shine serum through your hair to protect fragile ends and add definition.
3. Then create an off-centre parting and gather and twist the rest of your hair into a low-side pony tail at ear level and secure with a hair band.
4. Using a few large hair-blending hairpins, drag the ends of your hair and tuck them into the ponytail, the messier the better.
5. Next, pull out a few strands in the front to frame your face and finish with a spritz of hairspray.
And there you have it. You’ve created a gorgeous bed-head-meets-red-carpet look which you can wear whatever the occasion.© Cover Media