Glaiza de Castro learned a lesson on trusting strangers the hard way. She went to Dubai on a solo show recently, only to find out that the organizer was a bogus one.
What hurt Glaiza all the more was that the alleged fake organizer is a Filipino.
“TNT siya sa Dubai at maraming tinataguan. Wala siyang idea kung paano mag-hold ng show. Humingi siya ng pera sa mga photographers at sponsors,” Glaiza said at the launch of Yes Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful Stars of 2013.
Glaiza adds that she only got paid for the second show since the organizer (a different one this time) was true to his word.
But she didn’t get a single centavo for the first show because she trusted the other party too much.
“Since Pinoy naman, nagtiwala kami na sige, doon na lang pag-usapan ang (financial) settlement.”
Glaiza says she shouldered the air fare from Manila to Dubai because she also wanted to see her sister, who was based there.
All the tension vanished when she felt the warm welcome from her Dubai-based kababayan, who were indignant when they learned about Glaiza’s plight.
The actress revealed that some of them even chipped in for Glaiza’s food and other needs.
Glaiza admits she is in-between projects these days. But she doesn’t mind. Rather than look at the dark side, she would like to think that she is getting the chance to recharge for her next project.
“Hindi ako nalulungkot kasi may sapat na oras ako para mag-relax.”
This sunny outlook despite the problems, states Glaiza, could be the reason why Yes! has included her in its list of ”Primetime Princesses.”
“Ang pagiging beautiful is a state of mind. If you feel beautiful inside, magma-manifest yon. Being beautiful is all about outlook in life.”
Take it from Glaiza, who refused to let her sad experience in Dubai rob her of her zest in life. Rather than mope about it, she took the chance to bond with her family (a cousin is also based there) and enjoy the tourist attractions in the oil-rich city.
“May positive pa ring nangyari.”
Glaiza, wiser and more careful this time, has moved on.
Zayn Malik is spending life post-One Direction with fiancee Perrie Edwards. The former boy bander can be seen kissing his bride-to-be's cheek in a photo the Little Mix member Instagrammed on Wednesday. Perrie – who said yes to Zayn's proposal in August 2013 – spoke to Access Hollywood Live 's Billy Bush and Kit Hoover last year about getting engaged at such a young age. Zayn, 22, announced he was parting ways with One Direction one week ago in an effort to retreat to a life of normalcy. …