Former “Starstruck” finalist and GMA talent Paulo Avelino has jumped the fence and signed an exclusive contract with ABS-CBN.
The 23-year-old actor signed the ABS-CBN contract on Monday, August 15. According to ABS-CBN News, Paulo's manager Leo Dominguez, ABS-CBN Business Unit Head Deo Endrinal, and ABS-CBN Channel Head Cory Vidanes were present during the contract signing.
“It was painful and sad to say goodbye to GMA which which had been my family for the past four years. My decision to go to ABS-CBN is part of my career plan to reinvent myself as an actor,” Paulo told Yahoo! Philippines OMG! through a text message via Dominiguez.
Dominguez said that Paulo signed a two-year exclusive contract with the Kapamilya network.
“Gusto ko kasi mag-explore out of my comfort zone and at the same time gusto ko rin i-reinvent ang sarili ko as an actor, and bilang isang artista,” Paulo said in an interview with late-night ABS-CBN show, “Showbiz News Ngayon.”
Paulo first began his showbiz career as a contestant in GMA7's reality talent search “Starstruck: The Next Level” in 2006, which was won by Aljur Abrenica that year. He was last seen on the Kapuso network via the afternoon soap opera “Alakdana.”
He appeared in GMA shows such as “Ilumina,” “SOP Rules” and “Luna Mystika.” A recent project was “Alakdana” starring Louise Delos Reyes.
Paulo was also part of the 2011 Cinemalaya entry “Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa” with Jean Garcia and Rocco Nacino and is currently shooting the movie "Aswang" for Regal Films.
He said he was looking forward to working with Kim Chiu and Coco Martin because, “feeling ko maraming matututunan and makakatulong rin sa craft ko,” he said.
Plus, he hints at sexy roles in the future, saying, “Abangan na lang muna kasi may mga pinag-iisipan na gagawin.”
WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — Two-time Academy Award winner Robert Redford is encouraging college graduates to be fearless in a world of challenges and to become collaborators with others and the environment to overcome life's daunting difficulties. …