Christmas came early for moviegoers looking for titles other than “Enteng Kabisote,” “Shake, Rattle & Roll” and “Agimat,” as these box-office franchises missed this year’s shortlisted entries in the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).
Major film outfits control much of the list—with ABS-CBN Productions, Inc. and its film studio Star Cinema fielding three entries, including the movie version of hit daytime series “Be Careful with my Heart,” “Boy, Girl, Bakla, Tomboy,” starring Vice Ganda and Maricel Soriano (co-produced by Viva Films) and “Pagpag,” starring Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo (co-produced by Regal Entertainment and Star Cinema division Skylight Films.)
After Kris Aquino dethroned him in the last filmfest box-office results, Vic Sotto set his “Enteng Kabisote” franchise aside and joined forces with the Queen of All Media in the movie “Torky And My Little Bossing.”
Bong Revilla’s Imus Productions let go of “Agimat” and submitted “My Super Kap,” which stars Bong Revilla, Ogie Alcasid and Toni Gonzaga.
Mother Lily Monteverde’s Regal Films, however, surprisingly didn’t field an alternative to its hit franchise “Shake, Rattle & Roll” and “Mano Po.”
Film neophyte Hubo Productions submitted two entries—“San Pedro Calungsod, Batang Martir,” starring JM de Guzman and Christian Vasquez and “Kulay Abo Ang Langit,” starring Carla Abellana, Diether Ocampo, Cherie Gil and Matteo Guidicelli .
Laguna Governor Jorge Estregan, Jr. is on to his third consecutive filmfest participation with “Boy Golden,” where he co-stars with KC Concepcion.
Meanwhile “Kimmy Dora” producer Spring Film is cooking up another comedy’s prequel starring Eugene Domingo and Piolo Pascual as actor/producer.
The MMFF committee will release the eight official entries from the 15 shortlisted titles on Tuesday, June 18.
Other movies that made it to the script submission are:
· “Kaleidoscope World,” starring Sef Cadayona and Yassi Pressman (Melcor Enterprises)
· “10,000 Hours,” starring Robin Padilla (Phil Film Studio)
· “Ibong Adarna,” starring Rocco Nacino, Joel Torre, Angel Aquino, Leo Martinez and Ronnie Lazaro (Gurion Entertainment)
· “Sa Ngalan Ng Ama, Ina at Mga Anak (Kuratong Baleleng),” starring Robin Padilla, Daniel Padilla and Mariel Rodriguez
· “Hope In A Bottle,” starring Ruffa Gutierrez, Maja Salvador and Angeline Quinto (Quantum Films)
· “Everybody Loves,” starring Jake Cuenca, Jericho Rosales, Megan Young and Maja Salvador (Gung Ho Films Manila)
Danica Sotto-:Pingris wants to tell dad Vic Sotto, “Dapat, kung talagang kayo na, siguraduhin nyo na yan.” …