Sarah Lahbati Feels ‘Neglected,’ Announces Hiatus

MANILA, Philippines - Kapuso talent Sarah Lahbati has announced her decision to take a leave from showbiz.

In her official Twitter account (@SarahLahbati), the "Seduction" actress said in a series of posts on the night of Jan. 2: "To all my friends and supporters, I'd like to thank you for the love and loyalty you've given me. I've been very blessed last year and I'm grateful to all of you but unfortunately you will be seeing less of me this year for reasons that are hard to explain through Twitter."

[Related: Richard Gutierrez, A Freelancer Soon?]

She started by revealing of having a "misunderstanding" with her management, pertaining to GMA Artist Center.

"I've had misunderstandings with the people who are handling my career. I am still thankful to them for the efforts they have shown in the past but now I feel neglected and my back is against the wall."

Sarah then admitted that she signed a co-management contract with Royale Era Entertainment & Artist Management, the talent management outfit of Annabelle Rama, her boyfriend, Richard Gutierrez's mother.

"Therefor[e] I have to do something. Just to clarify this issue that's been going around, I signed a contract with Royal Artist (Tita Annabelle Rama) as a co manager with GMA Artist Center because I needed someone to protect & help my well being in this cut throat industry. Tita Annabelle only wants the best for me, with her years of experience and success in this industry I know that she's the right person to help me," Sarah related, adding that the decision was made by her and her family. "When my family made this decision, we were already sure that an artist tied up with GMA Artist Center such as myself can be co-managed by another talent company because I was offered by top management of GMA to sign a contract with ICONS management [ICONS Talent Management Agency, a GMA-7 management arm] just a few months before I signed with Tita Annabelle."

Sarah Lahbati (Photo courtesy of GMA Artist Center)"I didn't sign with ICONS because they wanted to deduct another 15% on top of the 25% that is being deducted by GMA Artist Center. We found that too steep of a deduction for someone who just started such as myself," the 19-year-old Fil-Swiss actress claimed.

[More: Annabelle Rama addresses Sarah Lahbati pregnancy rumor]

"Because of all of this uncertainty and stress, my family and I decided that I go back to Switzerland and study there :(," Sarah said, assuring that "This does not mean that I will be gone from the industry and craft that I love... Just a breather from all the chaos... Nakakalungkot na umabot pa sa ganito."

She added that "I'm also excited to study... I trust God's plans for me... :)"

Upon winning the Ultimate Female Survivor title on GMA-7's artista-search "Starstruck V" back in 2010, Sarah was cast in several Kapuso series among them "Little Star" and "Time of My Life" as part of her five-year contract with the network. She leveled up to leading lady status in the 2011 afternoon soap "Kokak" and 2012's "Makapiling Kang Muli."

Sarah is cast in the upcoming primetime telefantasya "Indio" to air sometime this month. She will also be seen with real-life boyfriend Richard and Solenn Heussaff in the Peque Gallaga-helmed sexy drama film "Seduction," set for a Jan. 30 release.

GMAAC has yet to issue a statement on the matter.

[READ UPDATE: GMA-7 to investigate Sarah Lahbati following her Twitter claims]

Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.